The pumpkins are on display and you’re starting to think about Thanksgiving, but if you own an eCommerce store, it’s time to prepare for the holiday rush that happens while you’re eating leftover turkey sandwiches.
The period between Thanksgiving and Christmas is the busiest shopping season of the year, and you must prepare your site for holiday traffic. Web hosting that’s slow or isn’t secure are the most common reasons for cart abandonment and data breaches, but switching to Pressable now means you’ll be ready for the holiday rush.
Why Choose Pressable?
For many companies, not just retail or online stores, the last few months of the year bring the biggest sales opportunities. Websites have to be in tip-top shape. They need to be able to withstand traffic that could hit suddenly. A website that goes offline when new visitors come to make purchases could have devastating consequences.
New visitors mean new customers. Even for those new visitors who aren’t making purchases, those eyes on your website or your client site are ripe for opportunity. Grabbing their attention with a lead magnet or other offers can continue to build a strong potential customer list.
Holiday ecommerce sales are expected to grow 15.5% year-over-year in 2022. If your site isn’t ready for the holidays, you could miss out on your share of the more than $235 billion in expected 2022 holiday ecommerce transactions. That’s why you need Pressable.
- Free Migrations. You can move your site if you want, but we’re happy to do it for you for free.
- 24/7 Expert Support. We don’t leave you hanging. If you have an issue, we’re here to help with an average response time of less than two minutes.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. We understand that web hosting is a big decision. We want you to be thrilled with yours. So, we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t love all Pressable offers.
- 100% Uptime Guarantee. You can’t make sales if your site is down, so we guarantee it won’t crash.
- Daily Backups. We automatically backup your site daily, so you don’t have to worry about it. And with Jetpack Security Daily, which is included with every Pressable subscription, you can restore your site with a single click.
- Scalability and Speed. No matter how much your site traffic grows (and we hope it’s a lot), we’ll support you. With our cloud-based hosting and automatic caching, your site will run at top speed.
- Security. We provide free SSL certificates, automatic updates, and ongoing scanning for malware and threat monitoring. In other words, your site and its visitors are safe with us.
Preparing Your Site for Holiday Traffic
You’ll want to prepare if you have an established site or are moving into the holidays with new online offerings. Here’s a list of the things you’ll want to do before the holiday traffic hits.
- Backup Your Site. Before the start of the holiday season, check your backup schedule to ensure you’re backing up all your customers and order data regularly. Automatic daily backups are a part of every Pressable plan.
- Test Your Site’s Performance. Fast sites perform better and keep customers happy. Google’s PageSpeed Insights is a free tool you can use to test page loading times. If your pages load too slowly, it could mean you’re using too many plugins, or there’s a problem with how your server or CDN is caching your site.
- A Complete Update. Update your WordPress site, plugins, and theme to ensure your site performs at its best and stays secure. If you don’t keep your CMS updated to the latest version, you risk the site getting hacked.
- Prepare For Scalability. Be ready for surges of holiday traffic on your site. Review your current hosting plan and hosting provider capacity.
- Clean Your Data. Excess code in your database can impact your site performance. Cleaning up this unused data can increase performance making your holiday shoppers happier when they arrive.
- Tighten Security. Nothing ruins a good mood like compromised data. Check your WordPress settings and your host’s security settings to ensure you have maximum protection.
Let Pressable Host Your Holiday Site Traffic
Are you ready for the best holiday sales season yet? Pressable wants to help. That’s why we’re offering half off for three months. You won’t get a better deal for yourself or your customers! And with Pressable’s managed migration service, you can have your site moved to Pressable’s lightning-fast servers in time for the holiday season.
Still not 100% sure Pressable is right for you? Schedule a demo to learn more about our plans and free migrations. Don’t wait!
Jessica serves as the Director of Operations for Pressable and spends her days focused on creating the best managed WordPress hosting experience possible. She's been using WordPress since 2008 and has been serving in WordPress-focused roles since 2010. When she's not working, you can find her spending time with her family, serving in her community, watching hilarious dog videos online, or brewing a pitcher of iced tea.