From to-do to done — that’s one of the most attractive managed WordPress hosting benefits.
Managed WordPress hosting automates some of the more mundane aspects of setting up and maintaining a WordPress website. Let’s look at some of the main benefits of managed WordPress hosting and how you can put them to work for your websites.
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
Managed WordPress hosting is a web hosting service designed specifically for WordPress websites. Managed hosting includes additional features such as one-click installs for updates and automatic backups. WordPress will work best with any web hosting service that meets these requirements:
- PHP version 7.4 or greater.
- MySQL version 5.7 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.3 or greater
- HTTPS support
Additionally, WordPress recommends Nginx or Apache as the best servers. But you can use any server with PHP and MySQL support, ideally matching the requirements above.
Truly Managed WordPress hosting goes beyond the minimum requirements to deliver better performance and ease of use.
Managed WordPress Hosting Benefits
So what makes managed WordPress hosting a better choice? You’ll have better performance and fewer headaches thanks to these benefits of managed WordPress hosting.
Managed WordPress hosting condenses the steps of setting up and configuring a new WordPress installation into a couple of clicks. Manually installing WordPress isn’t a difficult task, but it’s also not fun. In the time it takes you to download the latest WordPress version files, upload them to the server, and set up and configure databases, you could already begin building your site. With managed WordPress hosting, you can have a new installation of WordPress ready to go in less than five minutes.
The time-saving features don’t end at installation. The same principles apply to setting up a staging environment. A quality managed hosting service allows you to create a staging version of your site within minutes. There’s no need to configure your staging site manually. Using the managed hosting service, you can also manage synching between the live and staging sites.
You may hit the “remind me later” button on the message about updating your computer software with the frequency of a college student hitting the snooze button on their alarm. But when it comes to your WordPress site, keeping your core software, themes, and plugins up-to-date keeps your site performing smoothly and safe from the latest security threats. Managed WordPress hosting includes automatic updates to the latest WordPress version and provides options for updating your themes and plugins automatically.
Automatic Site Backups
Site backups fall in the same category as updates. They’re critical and easy to forget. Managed WordPress hosting includes automatic backups, so you’ll always have copies of your site. Managed WordPress hosting also simplifies the process of restoring a site from a backup, so that you can recover a crashed site in less time.
Better Site Performance
Not all web hosts are equal. Managed WordPress hosting is optimized to handle WordPress, so your site performs better. Delays in initial server response time or slow database lookups can slow your website to a crawl. A slow website doesn’t convert. If you run an ecommerce site, shoppers will bounce to a faster website before your site even fully renders. In site load times, milliseconds count. Managed WordPress hosting ensures your site is lightning fast.
To learn more about the benefits of managed WordPress hosting, read our e-book on the 4 Ways Managed WordPress Hosting Makes Your Life Easier.
What to Look For in a Managed WordPress Hosting Provider
The benefits of managed WordPress hosting make it an obvious choice for anyone who runs a WordPress website. So, how do you decide on which hosting service to use?
Things to evaluate when picking a managed WordPress hosting service include:
- Service Guarantees. What service guarantees do they offer? An online store doesn’t want its website to crash under the weight of Black Friday shopping traffic. Pressable offers a 100% uptime guaranteed.
- Expert Support. What type of support does the hosting service offer? When is support available? Look for a hosting provider that offers 24/7 access to WordPress experts.
- Site Migration Options. Switching hosting services can be tedious. If you have an existing site, ask any potential hosting provider about their site migration options. Pressable offers free migration, either using our DIY automated migration plugin or with the help of our expert team.
- Pricing. You’ll also need to consider your budget and the prices of the different plans. But remember, cheap hosting often costs you more in the long run. Download this e-book to learn more about the hidden costs of low-cost web hosting.
- Reviews. What reputation does the service have? Check out review sites like G2 to see what their users say. You can also search each service’s support forums to see how they handle customer issues.
The Host With the Most Managed WordPress Benefits
Pressable offers superior managed WordPress hosting. With Pressable, you get more than a basic web server. We take the burden of updates, security, performance monitoring, and server maintenance off your to-do list, so you can focus on growing your business. Sign up today or try Pressable for free. With guaranteed 100% uptime, top-tier performance, 24/7 expert support, and much more, there’s a lot to love about managed WordPress hosting with Pressable.
Amanda serves as the Head of Sales and Enablement for Pressable. She's worked in the tech space for well over a decade and has spent the majority of that time building/training/leading teams. She loves travel and adventure and when she's not working, you can find her spending time with her family, lounging pool/beach-side, playing tennis, working out, and meeting people/making friends all along the way!