Sometimes things happen—a failed plugin update, a theme upload failed, or maybe you’re writing your first lines of code. Whatever the case may be, if you’d like a backup restored, you have several options:
- Use our Backups feature to download the backup from the required date and time and use it to restore your site.
- Reach out to our Customer Success team if you’d prefer to have us handle it for you.
- If you have Jetpack Premium activated on your site, it will also take daily backups which you can access and restore from your site’s wp-admin dashboard, without needing to reach out to the Customer Success team.
We take backups of site files every 24 hours and databases every hour. We keep backups for up to 30 days.
Making a restore request
As restoring backups is a manual process, we’ll be in touch once you’ve submitted your request. We will need the following information:
- The domain name of the site to be restored
- The approximate date and time (UTC) that you would like the site restored to
- Whether you need the database restored, the file system, restored, or both