Pressable offers three methods for migrating your site over to us:
- Use the Automated Pressable Migration Plugin
- Manually migrate your WordPress site to Pressable
- Request a Manual Migration from the Customer Success Team.
To arrange for a migration, simply start a chat with our team or submit a request via email to email@example.com. We will ask for the login details for your live website, which can be supplied to us securely via QuickForget.com. This will allow us to install our Automated Migration Plugin on your site(s).
If for any reason the Automated Migration Plugin isn’t an option (e.g. you don’t have the ability to install plugins at your host, it has previously failed) then we can manually migrate the site for you.
To do this, we require two things:
- A compressed archive of your site’s wp-content folder.
- A compressed archive of your site’s database file.
These must be provided to us in one of two ways:
- You can upload these files to the ../tmp directory of your staging site here via SFTP.
- You can provide a direct download link to your files via a service which supports this (e.g. Dropbox, AWS S3). A direct download link looks something like this – https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxx/mysitefiles.zip – showing the file name in the URL.
Please note that services such as WeTransfer, OneDrive, Google Drive are not suitable for this, as they don’t provide direct download links.
If you want to migrate from another CMS (such as Drupal or Joomla!) or from a static HTML website to WordPress, we can recommend a consultant to carry out the migration.